Ahead of their final few events for the 2019 season which will see names such as NERVO, Claptone and The Cube Guys performing, we caught up with Pazuzu’s main resident Velix to find out his thoughts on how the Corfu based open-air beach’s summer has gone and what he has in store for the rest of the year.
1.Hello Velix and welcome to ….. What have you been up to lately?
Hello, thank you for having me. I’m currently in Corfu mostly enjoying the most amazing season so far with our best parties to date at Pazuzu, as well as getting to relax with my family on my days off DJing.
- A little more about you, when did you first become interested in DJ’ing and what were your influences?
I always have been into music and from a very early age into electornic music. My brother had a set of turntables (he is 10 years older than me) and I remember my self always trying to mix his records whenever he was not around. This was probably from around 13-14 years old. Professionally I started around the age of 22-23. I was really into clubbing (still am) and always looking at djs and wondering what it would be like to be in their shoes. Well…after hard work learning my craft and following my dreams, here I am doing exactly that.
3. From your music released so far, which one stands out and why?
I think my first “proper” release was Camouflage. From the production to lyrics and working with Laurell made the difference. Lots of music coming this year so will be sharing more news on this soon.
- What has made Pazuzu stand out among other beach clubs in Greece and internationally? My team and I have worked very hard to bring Pazuzu to this level. First of all, the location is breath-taking. You party with the ocean and the sunset in front of you. Then we have the design. It has been designed by a very talented Greek architect Leonidas Trampoukis. It features a fantastic sound system, and every year we do bigger and better shows. It was very hard at the beginning, but we are at a good level now, and I think that in the years to come clubbers around the world will have hear much more about Pazuzu and will choose to come. You should come to join us. Experience it for yourself!
- So far what has been your favorite set whilst performing at Pazuzu? The last set I played b2b with another Pazuzu resident called Kid Angelo which was one of the craziest shows I’ve ever done!
- What is the craziest thing that’s happened whilst you’ve been performing? Well I remember playing in a club in front of 3000 people. the club was extremely packed and everyone was jumping and dancing. Around 4 am, and I had a bit more to drink than usual. So, as I was mixing in a track the music stops. The whole club was looking at me and realized that while I was mixing through my headphones I had accidentally knocked the wrong fader so basically mixing into silence. Quite embarrassing haha.
- Many famous names in the electronic dance music community have performed at Pazuzu
every year. In your personal opinion, which artist’s performance has been the most epic so
far? Difficult question. Traditionally Tujamo and Chuckie have always delivered incredible shows. Tujamo tends to attract a big party and always gives us a great set, but Chuckie is a total beast. He destroys the place (in a good way) and everyone loves how wild those parties get!
- There are three dates left in the Pazuzu calendar, NERVO, Claptone, and The Cube Guys. Can
you tell us more about what to expect from these and which one you’re most looking forward
too? Well NVERO are more my style and I think will smash it, Claptone is really hot at the moment and will attract a great crowd and it will be an amazing show for sure! The Cube guys we did first-time last year and they did a fantastic set. I believe all three will be amazing and give us a nice ending to what has been a fantastic season for us.
- Who would be your dream booking to perform at Pazuzu and why? wow, I can give you a list of artists!! Honestly, though we are not looking to bring in the over-expensive guests at this time, we want to on a level we know makes sense for us and build it organically. We are focused on creating the best party experience which the crowd love.
- Finally, as the season draws to an end, what’s next for the Pazuzu story? Any plans the fans
should be excited about? More international shows, and maybe some changes in the club. Not many though. We did huge changes this year.
For more information and to check out the upcoming final shows of the summer season for Pazuzu in Corfu please go to: www.pazuzu.gr